The Mindy Project is one of my favorite shows.
But tonight it made me feel like shit.
The fat hate tonight was just too much for me.
I know the show often makes jokes about Mindy’s size, but they are always met with a fierce comeback by Mindy and they come off as empowering rather than degrading.
But not tonight.
They took the woman soley responsible for my fat acceptance and made her a bitter, two dimensional “bad fatty”. Who, when is told to lose weight sneers at the doctor who tells her this to instead lose weight.
I was SO excited she was on my TV, then I felt like someone slapped me in the face.
But at the same time i’m glad she’s getting work, and I know that as an actor, you are paid to do what people tell you.
I just wish we lived in a world where Fat Rant would be on tv instead of fat hate.
I don’t even know. I don’t even want to write about this because it just depresses the hell out of me.
I just really hope Joy comes back and her character gets fat vindication.
- randomchannelsurfing likes this
- fatfemmebabe likes this
- 2112tryptophanbonfires likes this
- thewomanofkleenex said: I haven’t been watching the show, because on the first episode, there was a joke using Gabourey Sidobe as a fat joke, (ie, “I’m fat, but I’m not Precious fat) and reducing her to a character she played.
- musicachick likes this
- roaringtrex likes this
- troubledstrife likes this
- fatanarchy said: I feel exactly the same. It hurts when characters i love (and I love that show) are fat haters or get hated on.
- moral-disorder likes this
- the-missing-chapter likes this
- fat-erin posted this